Saturday, November 24, 2007

Telephone Techniquest That Work

I'm sure you listened to Tom Paredes' CD series, Telephone Techniques That Work. It's a great way to quickly focus prospects on what they want, and how you can get it for them. This is from one of the out-takes (stuff that didn't get included in the final version).

Conversation with an unqualified prospect:

Prospect: How much money can I make with your opportunity?

Tom Paredes: How much money do you want to earn?

Prospect: I want to earn $10,000 a month.

Tom Paredes: Have you ever earned $10,000 a month before?

Prospect: No.

Tom Paredes: Do you know what it takes to earn $10,000 a month?

Prospect: No.

Tom Paredes: What are you willing to do to earn $10,000 a month?

Prospect: Well, I don't want to have to make phone calls, and I can't go to opportunity meetings because I work nights, and I can't afford to mail postcards. Plus, I don't know anybody. I won't go out and meet strangers - that's just not me. My relatives won't talk to me . . . and if I can't earn at least $10,000 a month with your opportunity, well
. . . then you just don't have a good plan.

End of call.