Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A fellow genius once told me . . .

Okay, okay. Maybe I'm grossly exaggerating my cerebral powers, but at least the OTHER guy was a genius.

Here is what this marketing genius said:

To sell a woman anything, simply put these words in front of what you're selling:

1. Sugar-free
2. One calorie
3. On sale

To sell a man anything, simply put this word in front of what you're selling:

1. Turbo

So I tested his theory. I said to my wife, Susan:

"I think it was on sale."

She replied:

"What? What was on sale? How much? Is it still on sale? Where was it? Do I have enough time to go now?"

Gee, I didn't even say WHAT was on sale. Pretty powerful stuff.

Unfortunately my wife knows all things -- even the "Turbo" technique. So one day she tells me:

"And now it comes in a turbo model."

I reacted:

"What? A turbo model? What kind? How fast? Does it have extra options? Will it be faster than my friend's? How powerful is it?"

So why not position your products and opportunity with these tips in mind? For instance, you could say:

* One calorie super vitamin program.
* Quick start distributor kit now on sale.
* Turbo MLM (Hey, what a great name for a book!)
* Turbo training day.
* Sugar-free munchie bar.

Get the idea?

It is what we SAY that makes a difference.